If you live under a rock and don’t know what a Sharknado is, it is a movie about a tornado. Full of sharks. As in, there are sharks falling from the sky.
Sharknado went viral before it debuted on the SyFy network, and is now coming to local movie theaters for special midnight showings, complete with gag reel, theme song, and a “making of” documentary. Sharknado is clearly destined for cult fame, but will it have the same impact as Rocky Horroror is it just another Birdemic?
Read the rest at TheBlot.
- Sharknado gets Australian airdate (mumbrella.com.au)
- Find Out Why Sharknado Star Cassie Scerbo Is Still “Confused” by the Film’s Huge Success (on.aol.com)
- “Sharknado” and the New Easiness of “Cult Classic” Admiration (seventhhousemoon.wordpress.com)
- ‘Sharknado’ storms theaters – hit or miss? (bizjournals.com)
- ‘Sharknado’ Storms Into Regal Theaters Aug. 2 (variety.com)