Elon Musk, most famous for founding SpaceX and co-founding Tesla Motors and PayPal, has an insane idea for ways to revolutionize transportation. Hyperloop Alpha, the current name for Musk’s system of massive cross-country vacuum tubes, will be unveiled in August as an open-source design. A company called ET3 is already working on a prototype of a similar system. Read the rest at TheBlot.
- Elon Musk says Hyperloop won’t run in a vacuum, hints at what’s next (pandodaily.com)
- imabonehead: Elon Musk’s Dream Is Coming True: Vacuum Tube Company Is Building A 3-Mile ‘Hyperloop’ Transport System (TSLA) – SFGate (sfgate.com)
- How does Elon Musk’s SF-to-LA-in-30-minutes Hyperloop work? (extremetech.com)
- The Future of Transportation – the Hyperloop (americanlivewire.com)
- Elon Musk To Make Mach-1 Hyperloop Announcement In August (gas2.org)
- The Future of Transportation (dailyreckoning.com)
- Elon Musk Admits He’s Too Busy To Build The Hyperloop, But Promises To Release The Plans (extremetech.com)